The Philippine School – Dubai
Address: P.O. Box 126621, Al Twar 3 Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Contact Numbers: Tel: (9714)254-4886 / Fax: (9714)254-4887
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Established: 20 February 2008
Start of Operations: 24 August 2008
Permit from Host Govt.: 607052
Date of issuance: 20 February 2008
School Owner: Filipino Group/ Local Sponsor / Mr. Mahmoud Ali (School Owner)
No. of Enrollees: 177 pre-school / 487 elementary / 152 secondary / 816 students
The Philippine School (Arabic: المدرسة الفلبينية – دبي) is a school in Dubai intended to cater for Filipinos, covering grade levels from kindergarten through the 10th grade (fourth year high school). There are many Filipinos living in Dubai, and the numbers are increasing every year.
The Philippine School intends to fill this local market need. Beyond the Philippine school, there are numerous Filipino students studying in British and other non-Philippine curriculum schools as well. These children however have to take up an additional year of study (for Filipino and social studies subjects), to be qualified for Philippine colleges, or have to pay an extra fees (bond) by registering as foreign students in their own homeland to avoid the extra subjects. Other parents choose the British schools for better quality of education. The Philippine School hopes to convince these parents that our home grown educational system is at part with western institutes. The Philippine School offers advanced technology programs, values-based education, parent-friendly environments and policies, and activities such as arts and crafts, music, dance and sports.
Overview of the school
- IT Room/Computer Laboratory with Internet access.
- Science laboratory.
- Library facilities.
- Air Conditioned rooms.
- Sufficient Parking Area.
- Covered courts for basketball and volleyball, playground and assembly point.
- Air conditioned Bus Services.
- Audio and video room for Kindergarten levels.
- School canteen.
- Auditorium / Function Hall available in the campus.
- D.E.A.R. Time (Drop Everything And Read).
- Continuous Learning Programs for teachers and staffs.
- Broad range of Integrated services and programs (English proficiency, Voice Lesson, Basketball Clinic, etc).
Kindergarten (1 and 2) Primary level (Grade 1 to 6) Secondary Level (Grade 7 to 10)
- Chairman: Mr. Ali Mohammad A. H. Ali
- Managing Directness: Mrs. Leticia Maniaul
- Principal: Mrs. Edna Ramos (2008-May 2010)——Mr. Jonathan Esguerra Vice-Principal , Mrs. Jocelyn M. Sollano – Principal
- HR Officer: Mrs. Dulce Nazaret
Guidance Counsellor: Dr. Linda Miranda
- Accounts Officer: Ms. Dina De Torres
- Filipino: Mrs. Vilma Dalisay & Ms. Zenaida Loo
- Arabic: Mrs. Gihan Imam Ibrahim
Kindergarten 1 – 2
- KG 1- 8 sections
- KG 2 – 12 sections
- Grade 1 – 6 sections
- Grade 2 – 6 sections
- Grade 3 – 5 sections
- Grade 4 – 5 sections
- Grade 5 – 4 sections
- Grade 6 – 4 sections
High School Level 7-10 Grade 7 ( 3 Sections – Quezon, Quirino, and Magsaysay) Advisers – Ms. Roberta Rondilla, Ms. Irma Magno and Mr. Gerald Louie Nipay.
- Grade 8 ( 3 sections – Osmena, Aguinaldo, and Roxas) Advisers – Ms. Marites Rodriguez, Ms. Eleanor Monique Sevilla and Ms. Lalaine Perez.
- Grade 9 ( 3 sections – del Pilar, Jacinto, and Malvar) Advisers – Mr. Efren Mayani, Ms. Elreggie Tongio, and Ms. Laarni Denzo.
- Grade 10 ( 3 sections – Rizal, Bonifacio, and Mabini) Advisers – Mr. Allan Cariaga, Mrs. Majorie Nazaret, and Mr. Melvin Mendoza.
- Mr. Hajie Dela Roca – Computer/IT
- Mr. Richard R. Zulueta – MAPEH (Arts, Physical Education, Health)
- Ms. Maybel Able – MAPEH (Music)
- Ms. Amal – Arabic/Islam
- Mr. Yaseem – Arabic
- Mr. Midhat Mohamed Tahir – Arabic/Computer
- Ms. Eida Mohammed Ahmad – Arabic
Health, Cleanliness & Transportation Department
- Ms. April Rose Magabulo
- Ms. Joyce Perez
- Ms. Alma Soliman
- Mr. Gerry De Torres
- Mr. Daniel Samuel
Cleanliness & Bus Nannies
- Ms. Vilma Angeles
- Ms. Nieva Visco
- Ms. Corazon Del Pilar
- Ms. Catherine Catugas
- Ms. Sosima Ancheta
- Ms. Charito Sison
- Ms. Cresencia Terrible
- Ms. Luzviminda Reynoso
- The list are not completely accurate, it is better to check twice with the school.